Wednesday, October 3, 2018

no, not, don't!

We definitely had some fun teaching the core vocabulary of no, not, don't in our primary classroom. 



The "mystery item" was the PieFace game.  All their little eyes were definitely on me which isn't always the easiest feat.  This game offers so many opportunities to target core vocabulary such as NO!, I don't want to, I don't like, not me! please don't make me, etc.  Believe me I was being sincere with my protests but in the same breath I will do just about anything to hear my students voices.  They made me "go'" and play some "more".  Good thing my mystery box was also packed with baby wipes and a hair tie, lol. 

Only one of my students was interested in braving it.  After being splashed with the whipped cream, he verbalized "I don't like" quite sincerely.



What would you put in the mystery box to teach no/not/don't? 

No comments:

Post a Comment