Sunday, April 5, 2020

YouTube

YouTube | Google Developers



I have LOVED using YouTube during parts of my lessons in order to provide some explicit instruction, reinforce a skill, etc.  Unfortunately earlier this year YouTube had to change it's policies which has directly impacted a teacher's ability to create a playlist for students.  As I've been utilizing YouTube for quite some time and have compiled many, many, many playlists to target so many speech-language skills, I thought it might be helpful to share my channel but more importantly a sample of my playlists as this may be useful during this crisis for those who don't have have playlists already created.  



bedgeslp72/playlists

The skills I target include social skills/social thinking, functional life skills, classroom themes, speech-language targets and of course "core vocabulary".  As YouTube playlists can be frustrating to navigate I typically put my core vocabulary words in quotes so that I can more easily search them in my channel.  I apologize if that's cumbersome but as I created this for me...If I find people finding my channel helpful, I may change this but it's what has worked or me. 


One quick YouTube channel hack that I love and use daily is a google extension that you can add titled "Playlist Sorter for YouTube".  This extension will let you sort your playlist videos by title, in ascending or descending order. 

I really hope you find them helpful!  As I'm able, I'll continue to add new videos to the playlists and begin to create new playlists. :)

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment