Saturday, September 29, 2018

Are you okay?


I'm a pretty positive person and tend to wear a smile as my resting face, lol.  With that said yesterday just about everyone I interacted with said "hey...are you okay?".  I really tried to fake it but I guess I just don't have the best poker face.

Nope...it was a particularly rough day on top of a rough week. I'm a solver.  I LOVE challenges.  I love problem solving but some days or weeks can be just too much.  I really have a hard time seeing my teammates stressed out or even worse hurt.  Sometimes the behaviors in our classrooms can really just drain us.   For lack of a better word, it sucks.

I consider myself blessed to be a part of an amazing team!  We ended our day by going to our local watering hole.  We laughed, we problem solved, and then we chose to our end of day by agreeing to unplug and take care of ourselves this weekend.   Without a doubt, Monday will come.  By taking care of ourselves this weekend, we will be better able to address the issues and behaviors at hand.

I fell asleep watching a movie with my family at 7:30 last night.  So sad but SO needed.  Today, I went out to lunch with my hubby, took a nap, and now I"m working on my lessons for the week while I catch up on all my Dateline and 20/20 shows.  Tomorrow, we are headed to Six Flags as a family.  I''m not gonna lie, I'm still stressed about what Monday will bring but I know that by taking care of myself, I'll be ready.

How do you take care of yourself?   What do you do when things aren't "okay"?  What are you watching?

No comments:

Post a Comment